The International Encyclopedia of Geography is Here
The AAG and an international team of distinguished editors and authors announce a new major reference work for Geography: The International Encyclopedia of Geography: People, the Earth, Environment, and Technology.
Available as an online resource and as a 15-volume full-color print set published by Wiley, this is an invaluable resource for libraries, geographers, GIScientists, students and academic departments around the globe. Updated annually, this Encyclopedia is the authoritative reference work in the field of geography for decades to come.
Douglas Richardson is the Editor-in-Chief, supported by five General Editors (Noel Castree, Michael Goodchild, Audrey Kobayashi, Weidong Liu and Dick Marston) each responsible for major thematic areas, and a team of expert Section Editors covering various subthemes.
- Contains more than 1,000 entries ranging from 1,000 to 10,000 words offering accessible introductions to basic concepts, sophisticated explanations of complex topics, and information on geographical societies around the world
- Assembles a truly global group of more than 900 scholars hailing from over 40 countries, for a comprehensive, authoritative overview of geography around the world
- Provides definitive coverage of the field, encompassing human geography, physical geography, geographic information science and systems, earth studies, and environmental science
- Brings together interdisciplinary perspectives on geographical topics and techniques of interest across the social sciences, humanities, science, and medicine
- Features full color throughout the print version and more than 1,000 illustrations and photographs
Annual updates to the online edition
Read 15 free sample articles selected by the editors:
- Anthropocene and Planetary Boundaries
- Artificial Neural Networks in Geospatial Analysis
- Big Data
- Care Work
- Cognitive Geoengineering
- Creative Class Culture
- Distance Decay
- Industrial Linkage
- Military Geography
- Science Soils of Mountainous Landscapes
- Sequent Occupance
- Thiessen Polygons
Order your Encyclopedia today!