U.S. Census Bureau Announces 2015 Statistical Workshop Series
The International Programs Center for Technical Assistance at the U.S. Census Bureau has just announced its 2015 statistical workshop series.
The following one- to two-week workshops will be held in Washington, D.C. and are ideal for governments, NGOs, and international aid agencies seeking to build capacity conducting surveys and censuses. Training covers the entire survey lifecycle, including mobile data collection (CSPro for Android/CSEntry), GIS, data processing/editing/tabulation (also CSPro), analysis, and dissemination:
- CSPro Android for Intermediate Users (June 15 – 26, 2015)
- Demographic Analysis (July 6 – 17, 2015)
- Gender Statistics for Data Users (July 20 – 24, 2015)
- Presentation and Evaluation of Data for Decision Making (July 27 – 31, 2015)
- Introduction to CSPro (August 17 – 21, 2015)
- Introductory GIS for Censuses and Surveys (September 14 – 25, 2015)
- Python Programming for Statistical Geography (October 19 – 23, 2015)
- Introduction to Survey Sampling (October 26 – November 6, 2015)
For more information, including course descriptions, please visit census.gov/population/international. Please note: tuition, travel, meals, and accommodations are the responsibility of the workshop attendees or their sponsors.
If you have any questions, or if you would like to register for a workshop, please email ipcta [at] lists [dot] census [dot] gov.