- This event has passed.
Venice International Conference on Waterscapes and Historic Canals as a Cultural Heritage
May 14, 2015 @ 8:00 am - May 15, 2015 @ 5:00 pm
Waterscapes and Historic Canals as a Cultural Heritage
Venice, May 14-15, 2015
The 2015 Venice International Conference on Waterscapes and Historic Canals as a Cultural Heritage aims to represent an opportunity to focus on aspects concerning waterscapes interpretation, cultural tourism along historic canals as well as fluvial waterfronts’ management.
Stephen Daniels, University of Nottingham, UK; Bruce Pridaux, James Cook University, Australia; Geoffrey Gooch, University of Dundee, UK; Erik Swyngedouw, University of Manchester, UK; Francesco Vallerani, University of Venice, Italy.
Istituto Veneto di Scienze, Lettere ed Arti, S. Marco 2945, 30124 VENICE (Italy) http://www.istitutoveneto.it/flex/cm/pages/ServeBLOB.php/L/IT/IDPagina/159
- Parallel Session n. 1 – Historic geography, waterscapes and social formations
- Parallel Session n. 2 – Historic canals as opportunities for cultural tourism
- Parallel Session n. 3 – Hydrography and urban waterfront between gentrification and planning
- Parallel Session n. 4 – Re-evaluating European micro-rivers and canals as cultural landscapes
- Parallel Session n. 5 – Waterways multi-functionality and landscape management
Call for Abstracts
Abstracts of up to 400 words (including bibliography) are invited for peer review. Deadline for abstracts submission: January 10th 2015.