- This event has passed.
Upper Midwest Geospatial Conference 2016
May 25, 2016 - May 26, 2016
La Crosse, Wisconsin, March 17, 2016 – The event committee for the Upper Midwest Geospatial Conference (UMGEOCON) is pleased to announce it has recently opened event registration and released the program for this first of its kind geospatial conference which will span borders and encourage collective learning. Scheduled to take place May 25-26, 2016 at the University of Wisconsin – La Crosse, UMGEOCON is a collaborative endeavor of six geospatial nonprofits with a total active membership of over 2,500.
With a focus on mid-level, career-minded GIS professionals, the event committee has put together a program which will allow attendees to broaden their GIS knowledge, expand community connections, and explore emerging trends and technologies in a peer-to-peer learning environment. Some of the program highlights include:
- Keynotes delivered by top-tier representatives of the Open Geospatial Consortium, U.S. Geospatial Intelligence Foundation and National States Geographic Information Council,
- The 2016 National Geodetic Survey (NGS) annual conference incorporated as part of UMGEOCON,
- Seven (7) diverse pre-conference workshops, all available for free,
- Up to eight (8) tracks of learning available during each event time block – thereby giving attendees an effective way to tailor their schedules for personal interests and needs, and
- A ticket price that is the bargain of the year – UMGEOCON admission is 85% off what some other GIS conferences are charging in 2016.
The event committee encourages anyone interested in attending UMGEOCON to purchase their ticket as soon as possible. The venue is capacity limited to 350 attendees, and ticket sales to date have been brisk and accelerating.
To learn more about UMGEOCON, visit: www.umgeocon.org.