- This event has passed.
Earth Educators’ Rendezvous at the University of Colorado, Boulder
July 13, 2015 - July 17, 2015
EARTH EDUCATORS’ RENDEZVOUS
July 13-17, 2015
University of Colorado, Boulder
Registration is now open for the inaugural Earth Educators’ Rendezvous this summer at the University of Colorado, Boulder.
The 2015 first annual Earth Educators’ Rendezvous will bring together researchers and practitioners working in all aspects of undergraduate Earth education. We welcome faculty from all disciplines who are interested in improving their teaching about the Earth, administrators from geoscience departments and interdisciplinary programs that want to become stronger, and education researchers of all types. Join the Rendezvous for 2 or 3 days or stay the whole week.
The Rendezvous will help us individually and collectively address the suite of interrelated challenges faced by undergraduate Earth Education today:
- developing students’ higher order geoscientific skills, from data analysis to critical thinking to effective communication
- increasing the number and diversity of students who learn about Earth
- collaborating with colleagues across the disciplines to situate learning about Earth in a societal context
- supporting current and future teachers in successfully implementing the Next Generation Science Standards
- preparing competitive graduates who move easily into and within the broad and changing geoscience workforce
- pursuing education research that supports our ability to address these challenges
Abstract Deadline: March 1, 2015
Registration Deadline: April 13, 2015
For additional information and to register:
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar