- This event has passed.
2016 Earth Educators’ Rendezvous
July 18, 2016 - July 22, 2016
Registration is now open for the 2016 Earth Educators’ Rendezvous. The Rendezvous’ combination of workshops, posters, talks, panel discussions, and plenary presentations is designed to appeal to everyone from the instructor attending their first Earth education themed meeting, to experienced STEM education researchers, to administrators who want to better support students in their programs. Organized in two-, three-, and five-day blocks, the Rendezvous is designed to allow those interested in improving teaching about Earth to build a conference that meets their individual needs.
- We are excited to announce that the topics for morning workshops and afternoon events are finalized. Morning workshops require registration and will be filled on a first come first served basis. Workshops are interactive with participants learning from one another and from experts in formats that build on research-based pedagogies.
- All participants registered for a particular day can attend either afternoon mini-workshops or panel discussions, or can choose between multiple sessions featuring teaching demonstrations and/or contributed talks. Specific topics (e.g. climate change), specific pedagogical techniques, and research results will be presented and discussed in the oral and poster sessions.
- Many of us have interests in multiple areas of Earth Science education in addition to our discipline-specific interests, and the Rendezvous is designed to allow exploration of these areas in ways not possible during conventional scientific meetings. The Contributed Program is a critical component to this end, and offers both a venue to present work and an opportunity to see what is going on in the Earth Science education community.
- The Rendezvous also offers a venue for working groups to collaborate on projects while capitalizing on conference offerings. Apply by February 1 to be considered for a $20 per day discount for the members of your group.
We hope you will find the program to be engaging and flexible. We hope to see you in Madison!
- Working Group Application by February 1
- Abstract Submission by March 1
- Travel Stipend Application by April 1
- Registration Early Bird by May 2