Coming Soon: New, Improved Membership Database
Note: The first planned downtime will begin July 16, 2021. During this time, the parts of our website that require you to log in will be inaccessible. We will update this page as soon as access is restored. If you have questions, please email us at membership [at] aag [dot] org or call us at 202-234-1450. Thank you!
As Phase One of its website upgrade, the AAG is updating our member database to improve our service and better respond to requests and ideas from you, our members. We’re excited about the new, member-focused capabilities that we’ll be able to offer you soon. Over the course of the next several months, these updates will require some interruptions to AAG online services as we transition parts of the system.
We’ve created this page to keep you up to date on what’s happening with AAG.org, and we’ll post updates here as frequently as we have them.
This first stage of updates will address needed upgrades to the AAG membership database. Any of the areas on AAG.org that require your username and password will require planned outages during the changeover (more on that below). The second stage will be an all-new AAG.org with a new look and feel, which you saw previewed at the 2021 annual meeting (link to YouTube video).
As specific dates become available, we will post them here. In the meantime, we wanted to share a few updates:
- All of AAG.org continues to work as usual. In the coming weeks, there will be planned downtimes for the parts of AAG.org that require your username and password. We will share those dates as soon as they are available. During these planned downtimes, the following features will be temporarily unavailable:
- Renewing your membership, donating, or joining AAG. You can email us at membership [at] aag [dot] org or call us at 202-234-1450 to take care of those needs during planned downtimes.
- Accessing AAG journals through AAG.org during planned downtimes. (Access through academic institutions will be unaffected.) We recommend downloading articles you might need now, as their availability will be affected during downtimes. If you find you are unable to access journals during a scheduled downtime, you can email us at membership [at] aag [dot] org or call us at 202-234-1450.
- AAG Knowledge Communities will be unavailable during scheduled downtimes.
- AAG event registrations will open after the membership database updates are complete. Webinar registrations will not be affected.
- Once the new database is online, all members will need to create a new login and password. We’ll provide prompts and instructions for this simple change when needed.
- Later this year, the new AAG website will go online. We’re excited to share all the improvements and member-focused features with you soon!
If you have any questions any time, you can email us at membership [at] aag [dot] org or call us at 202-234-1450. Thank you for your patience as we build a new AAG.org to serve our wonderful community better!