AAG-Esri ConnectED GeoMentors Program Activities at the AAG Annual Meeting
Now in its second year, the AAG-Esri ConnectED GeoMentors Program will be featured at the AAG 2016 Annual Meeting in San Francisco. Attendees can learn more about the program, speak with program staff, and sign up to be a GeoMentor through program activities throughout the week. Follow @AAGGeoMentors on Twitter and use/search for #GeoMentors.
- Visit the GeoMentors Program space, open all week near the conference registration area in the AAG booth, to find program materials, speak with program staff, and meet other GeoMentor volunteers! We would love the opportunity to meet current and future members of our community!
- Attend the panel session featuring the GeoMentors program. All are encouraged to attend and learn about how to get involved, available resources, and current program achievements. The panel will also feature an open discussion about the program, including advice and insights from active GeoMentors. Panelists include AAG President Dr. Sarah Bednarz, Esri President and Founder Jack Dangermond, and members of Esri’s Education team, David DiBiase and Dr. Joseph Kerski.
Session: The AAG-Esri GeoMentors Program: Supporting GIS and Geography Education
Thursday, March 31, 10:00 a.m. – 11:40 a.m.
Plaza A, Hilton Hotel, Lobby Level
- Pick up your GeoMentor ribbon! Drop by the GeoMentors space (in the AAG booth near conference registration) to get your GeoMentor name badge ribbon to showcase your involvement in this important community. Not a GeoMentor yet? Register as a GeoMentor during the meeting and get a ribbon! This is a great way for GeoMentors to meet each other, network, and start new volunteer collaborations!
- Talk to Esri staff about the ConnectED Initiative and GeoMentors program at the Esri booth in the exhibition hall.
- Listen for GeoMentors program announcements in Geography Education & GIS sessions. Organizing or attending sessions whose audience might be interested in the GeoMentors program? Contact program staff at geomentors [at] aag [dot] org for a promo slide to display and come by the GeoMentors space for flyers to distribute at your session.
The AAG encourages its members to become a GeoMentor and help make a difference in improving GIS and geographic learning in schools (and you can get credit towards your GISP by volunteering as a GeoMentor!). Visit www.geomentors.net for more information, or sign up to be a GeoMentor directly at www.geomentors.net/participate.